Check in begins at 12:45pm
Class is 1-5pm
Instructor and seminar developer: Jared Preisler SRA, AI-RRS
***CHAPTER MEETING WILL FOLLOW THE SEMINAR***
This seminar will prepare the appraiser for the Scope of Work changes taking effect on April 1, 2022, with Fannie Mae assignments. Review both the Improvement and Exhibit sections of the B4-1.3 selling guide. Present the key features and requirements of residential square footage based on the ANSI 2021. Lastly, it will provide guidance on USPAP requirements for reconciliation and disclosure within the report and workfile. Course will provide:
- Overview of the different Types and Sources of Data specifically focusing on Appraiser, MLS and Assessor square footage and the USPAP requirements for reconciling and reporting.
- Basic techniques and procedures for measuring single-family residential dwellings.
- Overview of the methods used by the American National Standards Institute Square Footage-Method for Calculating ANSI Z765-2021. Based on ANSI standard, review GLA and finished living area for many different style of homes including complex 1 ½ story, Two Story with sloped ceilings, dormers and Split-Entry/Bi-Level partial floor in basement and other common challenges.
- Review changes to the Improvement and Exhibits section of Fannie Mae selling guide and their impact on appraisal practice, including how to handle Accessory Dwelling Units.
- Review USPAP requirements for reconciliation and disclosure within the report and workfile
You SHOULD own “Square Footage – Method for Calculating: ANSI Z765-2021” for the seminar: Order the PDF here.
This seminar is being presented virtually via Zoom. Virtual Classroom-Live/Interactive Participation Guidelines: Students must have computer, webcam & microphone capability to participate & receive CE credit. The platform will be interactive and live. The instructor must be able to physically see and interact with all students and students must be able see and interact with the instructor. A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification after you have registered for the offering prior to the offering start date. You will receive a separate email from the Chapter Office with log-in/access information. You do not need a paid account from ZOOM to participate. If you are using your Ipad/Iphone/smartphone download the ZOOM app prior to offering. Please check your webcam privacy settings on your computer. Check state approvals before registering to make sure the states you are licensed have approved the course/seminar & allow Virtual education in place of classroom education.
When you register, either choose to download the materials or have them shipped directly to you. Make sure you have downloaded class materials PRIOR to class. If you order (and ship) printed materials to you, make sure they arrive 1 week prior to class. Contact the national office if there are any issues at least one week before class.
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 7 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows. Our cancellation policy is stated on the registration portal. A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification for the offering prior to the offering start date.
Contact the chapter with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org