- Check in begins at 2:45 PM
- Class is 3-5 PM
- 2 CE Hours
- Instructor & Seminar Developer: Mark R. Linne, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
This seminar will explore how technology, pandemics and GSE modernization efforts work in the aggregate to offer profound challenges to the valuation professional. Topics will be artificial intelligence, mobile technologies; machine learning, AVMs, the death of appraisal forms and how the existing landscape will experience a tectonic shift over the next 3 years. In addition to providing a perspective on the changes that are beginning to emerge, participants will hear a variety of opportunity paths that will allow them to make sense of the changing environment and what they can do to make the most of the opportunities emerging from this seeming chaos. A sample outline of the seminar discussion:
Appraisal Modernization requires a discussion of:
- Artificial Intelligence (The “Other” AI)
- Machine Learning
- Automated Valuation Models (AVMs)
Appraisal Modernization Includes:
- New Forms
- New Processes
- New Players (Inspections/Hybrids/AVMs)
- New Understanding of RISK
This class is being offered for FREE as a THANK YOU for supporting the VCCAI.
CE credits are pending with the VA state board.
Please be on time, and let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you cannot attend since I anticipate having a wait list.
This seminar is being presented virtually via Zoom. Virtual Classroom-Live/Interactive Participation Guidelines: Students must have computer, webcam & microphone capability to participate & receive CE credit. The platform will be interactive and live. The instructor must be able to physically see and interact with all students and students must be able see and interact with the instructor. A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification after you have registered for the offering prior to the offering start date. You will receive a separate email from the Chapter Office with log-in/access information. You do not need a paid account from ZOOM to participate. If you are using your Ipad/Iphone/smartphone download the ZOOM app prior to offering. Please check your webcam privacy settings on your computer.
Check state approvals before registering to make sure the states you are licensed have approved the course/seminar & allow Virtual education in place of classroom education. Contact the chapter with questions. Email: email@example.com Call: 856.415.0281
- Check in at 12:45 pm
- Seminar from 1-5 pm
- CE pending w/VA State Board; approved by Appraisal Inst.
- Chapter Dinner Meeting to follow
- Seminar created and presented by Joseph S. Durrer, Jr., MAI, SRA
The thrust of this seminar is:
Scope of Work Rule clearly sets forth for us:
“The appraiser has BROAD flexibility and SIGNIFICANT responsibility in the manner of detail and manner of disclosing the scope of work in the appraisal report or appraisal review report.”
Yep! We’re talking about that 30+ year old mandate – USPAP!
We, as licensed appraisers, can never get away from its requirements and guidelines. Presented for discussion and analyses is a series of “Attention-Getters!”
- It’s that gotta’-always-stay-pumped-up attitude – WHY?
- What role does USPAP play?
The numerous “Q & A’s”, plus the “I-Knew-Better-Really!” attention-getters are designed to challenge the licensed appraiser via the hands-on solving by the class. The suggested solutions of these scenarios will be in many forms – including solving mathematically via case studies.
There will be a SMALL set of materials to print. They will be emailed to you.
Separate registration is required for the dinner meeting, but please make plans to attend!
The seminar does not include food; there will be a beverage station.
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 10 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows. Our cancellation policy is stated on the registration portal.
All educational offerings with the VCCAI Chapter can be found on the chapter website: www.vccai.org
We welcome & encourage spouses/guests to attend!
- 3:30 – 5:30 pm: Education – 2 hours of CE credit – Riverside Room (click here for details and to register)
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Cocktail Hour – Riverside Room (includes 1 drink ticket per person; cash bar thereafter)
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm: Dinner – Riverside Room
Keynote Speaker & Installation of Officers/Directors
- President: Wesley Woods, MAI
- Vice President: Lynn Kelsey, MAI
- Treasurer: Greg Mackey, MAI
- Secretary: Michael Knight, MAI
- Past President: Kelly Yeatts, MAI
- Nancy Dove, MAI, SRA
- Fletcher Lane, MAI
- Charles Parkhurst, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
- Jared Schweitzer, MAI
- Scott Vail, SRA
Keynote Speaker: Heather Placer Mull, MAI, SRA, 2023 Appraisal Institute Region V Chair
- Pasta Primavera (served with vegetables and Alfredo sauce)
- Slow Roasted Chicken (chicken thighs with a honey Dijon cream)
- Oven-Roasted Salmon Filet (with tomato and olive bruscetta)
Dinner is FREE for our membership & guests (1 drink included; 3 guests per member)
Hotel rooms available at a special rate of $169. You must book your room by 11/1, so act fast! Call 434-455-1500 to secure a room.
Reservations must be made by November 25th.
Questions? Call 856-415-0281
Instructor: Michael C. McCall, MAI
This seminar addresses problem areas that often are observed in appraisal reports submitted to the Appraisal Institute for admission and ethics screening. Applicable for both general and residential appraisers, this seminar will
- Review most commonly noted reporting errors.
- Review commonly noted methodology errors.
- Review the characteristics of convincing appraisal reports.
Questions? Call 856-415-0281