- Check in at 12:45 pm
- Seminar from 1-5 pm
- CE pending w/VA State Board; approved by Appraisal Inst.
- Chapter Dinner Meeting to follow
- Seminar created and presented by Joseph S. Durrer, Jr., MAI, SRA
The thrust of this seminar is:
Scope of Work Rule clearly sets forth for us:
“The appraiser has BROAD flexibility and SIGNIFICANT responsibility in the manner of detail and manner of disclosing the scope of work in the appraisal report or appraisal review report.”
Yep! We’re talking about that 30+ year old mandate – USPAP!
We, as licensed appraisers, can never get away from its requirements and guidelines. Presented for discussion and analyses is a series of “Attention-Getters!”
- It’s that gotta’-always-stay-pumped-up attitude – WHY?
- What role does USPAP play?
The numerous “Q & A’s”, plus the “I-Knew-Better-Really!” attention-getters are designed to challenge the licensed appraiser via the hands-on solving by the class. The suggested solutions of these scenarios will be in many forms – including solving mathematically via case studies.
There will be a SMALL set of materials to print. They will be emailed to you.
Separate registration is required for the dinner meeting, but please make plans to attend!
The seminar does not include food; there will be a beverage station.
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 10 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows. Our cancellation policy is stated on the registration portal.
All educational offerings with the VCCAI Chapter can be found on the chapter website: www.vccai.org
We welcome & encourage spouses/guests to attend!
- 3:30 – 5:30 pm: Education – 2 hours of CE credit – Riverside Room (click here for details and to register)
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Cocktail Hour – Riverside Room (includes 1 drink ticket per person; cash bar thereafter)
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm: Dinner – Riverside Room
Keynote Speaker & Installation of Officers/Directors
- President: Wesley Woods, MAI
- Vice President: Lynn Kelsey, MAI
- Treasurer: Greg Mackey, MAI
- Secretary: Michael Knight, MAI
- Past President: Kelly Yeatts, MAI
- Nancy Dove, MAI, SRA
- Fletcher Lane, MAI
- Charles Parkhurst, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
- Jared Schweitzer, MAI
- Scott Vail, SRA
Keynote Speaker: Heather Placer Mull, MAI, SRA, 2023 Appraisal Institute Region V Chair
- Pasta Primavera (served with vegetables and Alfredo sauce)
- Slow Roasted Chicken (chicken thighs with a honey Dijon cream)
- Oven-Roasted Salmon Filet (with tomato and olive bruscetta)
Dinner is FREE for our membership & guests (1 drink included; 3 guests per member)
Hotel rooms available at a special rate of $169. You must book your room by 11/1, so act fast! Call 434-455-1500 to secure a room.
Reservations must be made by November 25th.
Questions? Call 856-415-0281
Instructor: Michael C. McCall, MAI
This seminar addresses problem areas that often are observed in appraisal reports submitted to the Appraisal Institute for admission and ethics screening. Applicable for both general and residential appraisers, this seminar will
- Review most commonly noted reporting errors.
- Review commonly noted methodology errors.
- Review the characteristics of convincing appraisal reports.
Questions? Call 856-415-0281