1301 Huguenot Rd
Midlothian, VA 23113
Instructor: Vince Dowling, MAI, SRA
Check in begins at 8:15 AM
class starts at 8:30 AM
NEW SEMINAR! Appraisals or reviews of the most experienced appraisers can have inconsistencies in data, analysis, and reporting. This fast-paced and thought-provoking seminar focuses on significant inconsistencies that can have a major impact on the credibility of the appraiser as well as the value opinion. It will bring to light inconsistencies that can affect any part of the appraisal process including the definition of market value, highest and best use, the three approaches, functional and external obsolescence, and reconciliation. Eye-opening discussions and practical problems (including ag problems) will keep you interested and engaged throughout the day. Objectives:
- Recognize inconsistencies with the definition of market value and the need to stay consistent with the type of value opinion developed.
- Understand how the highest and best use decision drives the remainder of the appraisal process and how to stay consistent with highest and best use.
- Realize the need for consistency within and between the three approaches to value.
- Determine what constitutes functional and external obsolescence and how to maintain consistency with both in all three approaches.
- Complete a thorough, meaningful, and consistent reconciliation.
CHAPTER MEETING TAKES PLACE FOLLOWING THIS EVENT
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
When you register, either choose to download the materials or have them shipped directly to you. Make sure you have downloaded class materials PRIOR to class. If you order (and ship) printed materials to you, make sure they arrive 1 week prior to class. Contact the national office if there are any issues at least one week before class.
You will get an hour for lunch; no food/drink is included (but the hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast!)
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 10 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows. Our cancellation policy is stated on the registration portal.
Registration fees do not include printed materials.
DISCOUNT AVAILABLE WHEN REGISTERING FOR BOTH SEMINARS:
- Inconsistency: it’s Hiding in Plain Sight in Your (commercial) Appraisal (Monday, June 6, 2022)
- Getting it Right from the Start: A Workout Plan for Your Scope of Work (Tuesday, June 7, 2022)
If you will attend both seminars, use the discount code NQCX520815 when registering for the Scope of Work seminar. That will give you a $20 discount for attending both days! (Please don’t use the discount if only attending for one day… it’ll be a paperwork nightmare!)